Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Friday, Feb. 12: VIP Assignment
Two men walking the street yelled "Woooooo"at me in my car!! Let's not talk about 1st impressions. Needless to say I sat in my car til they walked away and ate a whole box of Valentine chocolates while on the phone with my husband. He told me not to lock the car door, they would break in anyway. I guess I'm a stress eater! I was buzzed into the school and noticed a woman in a wheel chair. She was monitoring a line of students at the bathroom. She was yelling very loudly at them. Then I walked into the office signed in and asked to use the restroom. I walked out of the office and the restroom was near a classroom. The teacher was loudly yelling at her class. The third grade class that I went to turned out to be very nice and I had a pleasant and rewarding visit. I helped a couple students with a math lesson in fractions. I left the class feeling sooo good.

5 comments:

  1. Thats unfortunate that you had to feel uncomfortable on your first day before walking into th building because of two stupid men. I too would have felt the need to call someone and I'm also a 'stress eater' at times. Your not alone.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It actually turned out to be very nice. I can't wait til next Friday. I'm really looking forward to going again. I think I'll be less anxious too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kalli, it must have been a bad and scary first impression. I hope mine goes a little better, but I'm sure your classroom visit made it completely worth it. Hope it goes equally as well next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had been in your position, I would have been terrified. I'm from a tiny suburb, so I've never experienced anything like that. At least things changed once you got inside the school. I have yet to go to my school, so I hope my actual classroom experience goes as well as yours did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have felt very uncomfortable too if some guys had yelled at me. I would have been very nervous and I also would have stayed in my car. At my school I also found that a lot of teachers were yelling. They all must go home with huge headaches at the end of the day. I'm glad that the actual teaching part went well.

    ReplyDelete